Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter
- 38th US President
- Neither elected as President or Vice-President
- Pardoned Nixon and all Vietnam draft dodgers
- Straight forward President (Restored faith in US gov't)
- Continued detente
- 39th president
- Most famous for his dealings with Isreali-Arab conflict
- Hosted Camp David Accords in 1979
- Strong supporter of detente and oversaw SALT talks
"When I was in the White House, I was confronted with the challenge of the Cold War. Both the Soviet Union and I had 30,000 nuclear weapons that could destroy the entire earth and I had to maintain the peace."
2 US presidents, both support detente. Restored US faith in gov't.