- After Brezhnev here were two short term leaders
- Yuri Andropov 1982-84
- Konstantin Chernenko 1984-195
- Gorbachev took over in 1985
- Began "developed socialism" where he wanted to rid the USSR of corruption
- Gorbachev was forced to change his ways after the 1986 Chernobyl disaster
- Paralleled to Lenin and Kronstad mutiny
"I am a Communist, a convinced Communist! For some that may be a fantasy. But to me it is my main goal."
Began to get rid of USSR corrupt. Chernobyl happened, different than Lenin.